Subject: libtool 2.4.2 bug: default " sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec" missing paths where LIBDIR=lib64

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 11:32:55 -0700

I've

	libtool --version
		libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
		Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <[email-masked]>, 1996

		Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
		This is free software; see the source for copying
		conditions.  There is NO
		warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
		PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

on

	lsb_release -a
		LSB Version:   
		core-2.0-noarch:core-3.2-noarch:core-4.0-noarch:core-2.0-x86_64:core-3.2-x86_64:core-4.0-x86_64:desktop-4.0-amd64:desktop-4.0-noarch:graphics-2.0-amd64:graphics-2.0-noarch:graphics-3.2-amd64:graphics-3.2-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch
		Distributor ID: openSUSE project
		Description:    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64)
		Release:        12.3
		Codename:       Dartmouth

I originally reported this @ Opensuse bugzilla

	https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=786460

but was told to report it upstream.  IMO, the issue is directly related
to Opensuse's use of LIBDIR=lib64 on X86_64 systems, and should be
patched THERE, but ... here's the issue:

For installed libtool, checking

	grep ^sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec /usr/bin/libtool
	    sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="/lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib64
	    /usr/local/lib "

the as-installed default fails to include the libdirs as used on X86_64
systems on Opensuse (and perhaps others that do the same ...).

On x86_64 that shouldn't be "/lib /usr/lib", but rather "/lib64
/usr/lib64".

arguably, /usr/lib/lib64 should lead the order ...