Subject: bug#14150: Customize within two Emacs sessions deletes saved customizations

From: Barry OReilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 16:38:50 -0400

Open Emacs twice: A then B

In B, customize any customizable variable.  Click "Apply and Save".  Verify
init file reflects the save.

In A, customize a different customizable variable.  Click "Apply and
Save".  Verify init file reflects the save.  The first customization made
from within B is gone, contrary to expectation.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)
 of 2013-03-11 on psd15
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70101000
System Description:    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.4 (Tikanga)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install'
 '--with-gif=no''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-cedet-m3-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-mru-bookmark-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-highlight-func-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x e <backspace> r e p o r t - b u g <tab> <retur
n>

Recent messages:
2013-04-05T16:25:47.467754 Initializing project-specific elisp.
Loading /proj/user/boreilly/proj-dev.el (source)...done
Loading whitespace...done
2013-04-05T16:25:47.546816 Loading tags file:
/psd15/linux/boreilly/cc/l1ads01/vobs/dev/Software_Engineering/IPT_PG/Dev/TAGS
Starting a new list of tags tables
2013-04-05T16:25:47.661555 Finished loading init file.
2013-04-05T16:25:47.683753 Inside my-prog-mode-hook
2013-04-05T16:25:47.683917 Inside my-emacs-lisp-mode-hook for buffer
*scratch*
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
2013-04-05T16:25:47.685042 Finished with my-term-setup-hook.
--------------------------------

Load-path shadows:
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/loaddefs
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/cedet/loaddefs
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/speedbar/loaddefs hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/loaddefs
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-opt hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-datadebug hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-datadebug
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-custom hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/eieio-base hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/cedet/lisp/eieio/chart hides
/proj/user/boreilly/sw/emacs-24.3/rhel5-install/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils my-config semantic/lex-spp etags whitespace
cus-start cus-load my-proj ede/cpp-root hippie-exp comint ansi-color
eassist derived cedet-m3 semantic/mru-bookmark semantic/db-mode
semantic/idle semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep semantic/ia
semantic/analyze/refs semantic/senator semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/decorate working fame pulse cedet-devel-load warnings eieio-opt
help-mode find-func srecode/map srecode semantic/canned-configs
semantic/ia-sb semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db semantic/ctxt semantic/format
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet-compat inversion
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base
eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe easymenu eieio-custom
wid-edit cedet eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
cedet-remove-builtin cl-macs gv evil evil-integration evil-maps
evil-commands evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat
evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove rect evil-digraphs evil-vars
ring edmacro kmacro goto-chg undo-tree diff rainbow-delimiters my-util
advice help-fns advice-preload electric paren delsel autorevert cl
cl-lib time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)