Subject: [gmane.emacs.devel] Patch to ido.el

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:42:28 +0800

M-x report-emacs-bug will send your email to the issue tracker.

Thanks for the patch I'll take a look in 2 days.

Subject: Patch to ido.el
From: Steven Degutis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 01:31:57 -0500
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
List-Id: "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel.gnu.org>

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no idea how this process works.

This patch makes ido.el slightly more configurable.

In particular, when using ido-decorations that make ido-mode display
vertically (per http://emacswiki.org/emacs/InteractivelyDoThings#toc20), a
pair of decorations are being used in two different places with two
different meanings, even though by happenstance they look the same. This
patch splits them out into two different pairs of decorations (which
currently have the same value), allowing the user to customize them with
greater precision.

diff --git ido.el ido2.el
index cda4021..dfb5b0a 100644
--- ido.el
+++ ido2.el
@@ -763,7 +763,7 @@ Obsolete.  Set 3rd element of `ido-decorations'
instead."
   :type '(choice string (const nil))
   :group 'ido)

-(defcustom ido-decorations '( "{" "}" " | " " | ..." "[" "]" " [No match]"
" [Matched]" " [Not readable]" " [Too big]" " [Confirm]")
+(defcustom ido-decorations '( "{" "}" " | " " | ..." "[" "]" " [No match]"
" [Matched]" " [Not readable]" " [Too big]" " [Confirm]" "[" "]")
   "List of strings used by ido to display the alternatives in the
minibuffer.
 There are 11 elements in this list:
 1st and 2nd elements are used as brackets around the prospect list,
@@ -4570,9 +4570,9 @@ For details of keybindings, see `ido-find-file'."
                                        (ido-name (car comps))))
                        ""
                      ;; when there is one match, show the matching file
name in full
-                     (concat (nth 4 ido-decorations)  ;; [ ... ]
+                     (concat (nth 11 ido-decorations)  ;; [ ... ]
                              (ido-name (car comps))
-                             (nth 5 ido-decorations)))
+                             (nth 12 ido-decorations)))
    (if (not ido-use-faces) (nth 7 ido-decorations))))  ;; [Matched]
   (t ;multiple matches
    (let* ((items (if (> ido-max-prospects 0) (1+ ido-max-prospects) 999))

So, now that I've said everything that can probably be said on the topic,
how do I go about submitting this patch for review to the official emacs
repo? Does this email count? Or maybe someone in here knows how to do it in
like 3 seconds flat and wouldn't mind?

-Steven