Subject: Emacs for Android segfaults for most screen sizes

From: Andrew Pennebaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:07:26 -0400

I'm using zielmicha's Emacs for
Android<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zielm.emacs>
to
run Emacs on my smartphone. It works well overall, but I have to set my
font size really small to prevent Emacs from crashing on startup. No config
files here, just emacs -Q.

Trace:

$ emacs -Q
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fatal error (11)
emacs: line 2: 10243 Segmentation fault
/data/data/com.zielm.emacs/src/bootstrap-emacs $@

But the problem is not just having enough screen size for Emacs: If I
shrink my onscreen keyboard vertically below 45% of the screen, Emacs
crashes. It seems that Emacs not only needs enough screen space, it needs
just the right amount and no more.

Can someone take a look at Emacs for Android (source on Google
Code<https://github.com/zielmicha/emacs-android>
)?

System:

* Emacs for Android 1.0.1
* Emacs 24.1.50
* bash 4.1.0(1)-release (arm-android-eabi)
* BusyBox 9.2
* Android Terminal Emulator 1.0.52
* Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
* Cyanogenmod 10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-d2tmo-M2
* Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-T999

-- 
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker
www.yellosoft.us