Subject: check-build target

From: Zimmermann Paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 15:37:16 +0200

Hi,

this is not a real bug report, but a feature request.

We are using automake in the GNU MPFR project. Thank you for this program!
In our "make check" target, automake produces:

check-am: all-am
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) $(check_LTLIBRARIES) $(check_PROGRAMS)
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) check-TESTS

However when cross-compiling, we'd like to only build the tests binaries,
not run them on the build machine.

Thus it would be nice to have a separate target (say check-build) that would
only build the check programs, not run them:

check-build:
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) $(check_LTLIBRARIES) $(check_PROGRAMS)

check-am: all-am check-build
        $(MAKE) $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) check-TESTS

Best regards,
Paul Zimmermann