Subject: Re: bug#14128: web/http.scm: bad-header date check (UTC?)

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:02:06 -0700

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This is what I did locally so I could continue testing. But
> unfortunately, it's is very likely that there are more broken servers
> around. The permissive flag seems like an "all-or-nothing", so I think
> Thien-Thi's suggestion sounds pretty reasonable: for all headers
> checks, give a default but let user specify their owns (if I
> understood that correctly). In my case I would just provide a #t for
> the date check.
>

I have to add, that it might be also true that you end up with all
checks returning true, to make every server happy.

So, all in all, I am a bit confused, may be the permissive flag is not
that bad. The user could still read the headers after that, right? And
decide whether they are good or bad.

Aleix