Subject: Re: bug#14128: web/http.scm: bad-header date check (UTC?)

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 07:57:48 -0700

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Daniel Hartwig <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> RFC 2616 _requires_ http date values have a suffix of " GMT"
>
> What about adding an exception for “UTC”?  :-)
>
> It’s the same timezone, only with a different name, so it shouldn’t cost
> us much.
>
> WDYT?
>

This is what I did locally so I could continue testing. But
unfortunately, it's is very likely that there are more broken servers
around. The permissive flag seems like an "all-or-nothing", so I think
Thien-Thi's suggestion sounds pretty reasonable: for all headers
checks, give a default but let user specify their owns (if I
understood that correctly). In my case I would just provide a #t for
the date check.

Best,

Aleix