Subject: bug#14126: dist_EXTRA_SCRIPTS

From: Дилян Палаузов<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 21:32:23 +0200

Hello,

As of Automake 1.13.1, in the documentaion, in node The Uniform Naming 
Scheme, last paragraph:

      Some primaries also allow additional prefixes that control other
   aspects of `automake''s behavior.  The currently defined prefixes are
   `dist_', `nodist_', `nobase_', and `notrans_'.  These prefixes are
   explained later (*note Program and Library Variables::) (*note Man
   Pages::).

is not written, which primaries allow additional prefixes, and which do 
not allow.

Moreover, I got confused by EXTRA_ , dist_ and _SCRIPTS.  "EXTRA_SCRIPTS 
= file" is legal, as is "dist_EXTRA_SCRIPTS = file" .  According to my 
expectations, the last shall mean, that on "make dist" the latter 
implies, that "file" is included in the tarball, but it isn't. 
Eventually, I had to use dist_noinst_SCRIPTS.

Do I misread the documentation, that dist_EXTRA_SCRIPTS is wrong, or is 
it not written?

Greetings
   Дилян