Subject: bug#14121: Fwd: Eager macroexpansion failure in Emacs 24.3

From: Michael Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:18:43 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Subject: Eager macroexpansion failure in Emacs 24.3
To: Emacs Development Discussions <[email-masked]>

emacs --no-init-file --load ~/test-case.el

In *Messages* buffer:

Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "(erc-response\\.contents parsed) is
not a valid place expression")

I can work around this by putting (require 'erc) and the function
definition in different 'when' blocks, but it's not ideal.

The erc-response struct is defined in erc-backend.el, which is loaded by
erc.el.

Putting (require 'erc) inside of a 'when' statement along with code that
relies on functions provided by a struct defined by a file it loads seems
to trigger the problem.

-- 
Michael Olson  |  http://mwolson.org/

-- 
Michael Olson  |  http://mwolson.org/