Subject: bug#14121: Fwd: Eager macroexpansion failure in Emacs 24.3

From: Michael Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:41:28 +0100

If the message really is harmless (and no change to the code is
recommended, which seems to be the case), then it really ought to be
removed completely.

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked] <javascript:;>>
> > Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:41:34 -0400
> > Cc: [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> >
> > Emacs-24.3 tries to expand macros more eagerly (i.e. more like the
> > byte-compiler), so files that fail to byte-compile properly are also
> > likely to fail that eager macro-expansion.
> >
> > But do note that the above message is somewhat harmless: when eager
> > macro-expansion fails, Emacs falls back on macro-expanding lazily as it
> > has always done.
>
> Perhaps the failure message should mention that.
>

-- 
Michael Olson  |  http://mwolson.org/