Subject: bug#14120: closed (Re: bug#14120: invalid load-history in emacsen that CANNOT_DUMP)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 00:10:03 +0000

Your bug report

#14120: invalid load-history in emacsen that CANNOT_DUMP

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14120: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14120
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14120: invalid load-history in emacsen that CANNOT_DUMP
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 20:09:52 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.1

The CANNOT_DUMP option no longer exists, and Emacs now uses a portable
dumper by default.

Subject: invalid load-history in emacsen that CANNOT_DUMP
From: BT Templeton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:47:09 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"loadup.el" sets `current-load-list' to nil, apparently so that it will
have that value when restarting a dumped emacs. However, when Emacs is
built with CANNOT_DUMP defined, "loadup.el" evaluates `top-level'
instead of dumping. This can lead to invalid entries in `load-history'
if something is defined, required, etc. during evaluation of that form.

For example, load-history will contain `((require . tetris))' if
~/.emacs defines this hook:

(add-hook 'lisp-interaction-mode-hook
          (lambda () (require 'tetris)))

For `require', the problem can be fixed by also setting
`load-in-progress' to nil in "loadup.el", but this doesn't fix the bug
for other functions that change the load history.

-- 
Inteligenta persono lernas la lingvon Esperanton rapide kaj facile.
Esperanto estas moderna, kultura lingvo por la mondo. Simpla, fleksebla,
belsona, Esperanto estas la praktika solvo de la problemo de universala
interkompreno. Lernu la interlingvon Esperanton!