Subject: bug#14117: closed (Re: bug#14117: 24.3.50; message buffer is not deleted when sending email)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:01:03 +0000

Your bug report

#14117: 24.3.50; message buffer is not deleted when sending email

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14117: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14117
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14117: 24.3.50; message buffer is not deleted when sending email
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 04:00:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Presumably the 2013-03-18 "minor cleanup" isn't (a cleanup). Why not
> just revert it?

Done.

Subject: 24.3.50; message buffer is not deleted when sending email
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 20:15:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

when I do C-x m (compose mail) and I send my email (C-c C-c) the buffer
is not deleted.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2013-03-26 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptative-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<mouse-1> t é l é c h a r g e m e n t . <return> <return> 
E n SPC c r o i s a n t SPC l e s SPC d o i g t s SPC 
p o u r SPC q u e SPC c e SPC s o i t SPC l e SPC b 
o n SPC p i l o t e . <return> <return> E n s u i t 
e SPC t u SPC c o p i e s SPC l e SPC f i c h i e r 
SPC t é l é c h a r g é SPC s u r SPC u n e SPC c l 
é , SPC e t SPC t u SPC l e SPC c o p i e s SPC s u 
r SPC l a SPC v i e l l e SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> i l l e SPC m a c h i n e SPC 
M-( s u r SPC l e SPC b u r e a u <right> SPC e t SPC 
t u SPC d o u b l e SPC c l i q u e SPC d e s s u s 
SPC p o u r SPC i n s t a l l e r SPC l e SPC p i l 
o t e . C-c C-c <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
C-c C-k C-x m t h i e r r y <tab> <down> <down> <down> 
<return> <down> <return> t e s t <down> <down> <down> 
<down> t e s t C-c C-c C-c C-k M-x r e p o r t <re
turn>

Recent messages:
Delivering message to [email-masked]...done
Beginning of buffer
Gnus not running; using plain Message mode
Mark set [2 times]
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Delivering message to [email-masked]...
Sending...done
Delivering message to [email-masked]...done

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals hides ~/elisp/magit/.dir-locals
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow emacsbug canlock flow-fill flyspell ispell url-handlers
helm-command conf-mode cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs qp epa-mail
help-mode gnus-fun gnus-html url-http url-gw url-auth gnus-gravatar
gravatar url-cache smiley gnus-cite mm-archive mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder
parse-time netrc network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired nnir gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win view recentf ido make-mode vc-rcs sh-script smie
executable vc-git naquadah-theme em-smart em-unix em-script em-prompt
em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner
em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util align-let git-gutter
server winner net-utils undo-tree diff slime-xref-browser slime-banner
slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl image-file newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget
newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search
preview-latex pcomplete-extension em-term term disp-table ehelp electric
helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval python rx whitespace paren time avoid
savehist wicd-mode dbus smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail helm-async
persistent-sessions config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode
timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util w3m-load boxquote markdown-mode iterator
google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree iedit-rect rect iedit iedit-lib zop-to-char smallurl
mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader rectangle-utils tv-utils async pcvs
pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs ewoc mb-depth ioccur cl-info slime
hyperspec slime-autoloads tex-site auto-loads esh-toggle flymake
eldoc-eval eldoc no-word dired-extension emms-mpd-config
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info
emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat magit-blame magit-stgit
magit-bisect magit-key-mode magit diff-mode log-edit pcvs-util add-log
htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd
texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit
cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps
wid-edit muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads
org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks remember org-remember
org-datetree addressbook-bookmark message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp init-helm-thierry helm-mode
helm-ls-git helm-descbinds helm-ls-hg helm-files image-dired tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x
dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-plugin helm-help
helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep helm-regexp grep
helm-external helm-utils warnings dired compile comint ansi-color ring
helm-locate helm advice help-fns helm-config helm-aliases epa-file epa
derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache usage-memo
w3m-wget info easymenu cl-macs gv edmacro kmacro cl nadvice cl-lib
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997