Subject: Re: bug#14086: 24.3.50; `substitute-command-keys': inappropriate "(that binding is currently shadowed by another mode)"

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 03:44:51 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> (eq minibuffer-local-map
>     (keymap-parent minibuffer-local-completion-map))
>
> I'm guessing that's what all the "shadowing" is about.

Yes, I've found that some minutes ago as well, just to see that it had
been clear even before Lars asked the question you responded to.  He
even had changed the text to say just "this binding is shadowed" long
before.  I think he just forgot to close the report and restarted
working on it from the start much later.

> `icicle-roundup' is the actual binding, in
> `minibuffer-local-completion-map'.  Why, in a listing of
> `minibuffer-local-completion-map', we show the other command as also
> being bound to `M-r', I don't know.  I don't mean how we do that, but
> why - for users?

I think so, yes.

Michael.