Subject: 24.3.50; regression `C-c C-c' in `report-emacs-bug' no longer closes the report window

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 22:43:08 -0700

Until recently, when you hit `C-c C-c' in the report buffer that buffer
was buried, and you were returned to the buffer that was shown when you
did `M-x report-emacs-bug'.  This is no longer the case.  (Well, the
buffer *sent...* is shown instead of *unsent...*, but it is the same
report.  The point is that the report remains visible, instead of the
buffer you were working in before creating the bug report.)
 
(I use a mail client - Outlook, if that makes any difference.)
 
Note, BTW, that there is no change in the default value of
`message-kill-buffer-on-exit' - it is still nil, as it was in Emacs 24.3.  And
the definition of `message-send-and-exit' (which is bound to `C-c C-c') has not
changed.  Something else has introduced this regression in behavior.

Ah, it seems that this is perhaps the culprit: a change to `message-bury'.

It used to do this:

(defun message-bury (buffer)
  "Bury this mail BUFFER."
  (if message-return-action
      (progn
        (bury-buffer buffer)
        (apply (car message-return-action) (cdr message-return-action)))
    (with-current-buffer buffer (bury-buffer))))

And now it does this:

(defun message-bury (buffer)
  "Bury this mail BUFFER."
  (bury-buffer buffer)
  (when message-return-action
    (apply (car message-return-action) (cdr message-return-action))))

In my case, at least, `message-return-action' is nil.  This means that the
`with-current-buffer buffer' is no longer used, so it seems like the wrong
buffer gets buried.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2013-03-23 on VBOX
Bzr revision: 112115 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.10-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'