Subject: Re: bug#14085: 24.3.50; regression `C-c C-c' in `report-emacs-bug' no longer closesthereportwindow

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 23:41:18 +0200

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If someone is distributing non-bootstrapped binaries of Emacs for public
> consumption, please stop.

That broken build is mine, and it is not being distributed for public
consumption. I haven't advertised it, thought the URL has been
mentioned in a few bug reports, I think.

I mainly build it as a service to Drew, who is (for whatever reasons)
unable to build his own Emacs; so it will continue to be available at
that URL.

I don't usually bootstrap Emacs for each build because it is usually
unnecessary. If it is necessary, as in this case, once the problem is
noticed I will bootstrap it. No harm done, other than a spurious bug
report, which isn't exactly something new; we've seen quite a few bug
reports from people who privately builds from trunk and does not
always bootstrap; this case is no different. It is not a consequence
of my building binaries for Drew; it is a consequence of the way Emacs
building/bootstrap procedure works.

   J