Subject: bug#14085: 24.3.50; regression `C-c C-c' in `report-emacs-bug' nolonger closesthereportwindow

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:01:06 -0700

> If someone is distributing non-bootstrapped binaries of Emacs 
> for public consumption, please stop.

FYI -

Dani Moncayo used to distribute Windows binaries here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7jr3vbv9tm1zod0/jPuvfrJAe8
But the last of those builds dates from 2013/04/21.

This particular build is one distributed by Juanma Barranquero, here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3pgcb3iiy8s9irl/c171Xhsd99

Ccing Juanma for his info.  I'm not sure whether these builds are intended for
public consumption, but they have been very helpful, including by leading to
identifying Emacs bugs, some of which have been fixed (including some involving
emacs_backtrace.txt files that Juanma translated).

I have not been aware in the past that the .elc files in a build were not
necessarily up to date.  I have not encountered that before.  I have assumed
that if .elc files are delivered along with .el then they are up to date.

When I retest a bug with a new executable, I do not automatically recompile all
of the distributed Lisp files, just in case...

HTH.