Subject: 24.3.50; Dired error deleting directory

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:49:12 -0400

After invoking Dired and marking a directory (recursively) and executing
`(dired-do-flagged-delete)' I got the following message:

(file-error Removing directory permission denied
c:/Users/tempuser/AppData/Local/Temp/temp-dir)

Trying to delete the directory from the command line I got:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
process.

Is there any way for Emacs to display this message rather than the
generic "(file-error Removing directory permission denied)"

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-28 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 112173 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/Devel/emacs/build/include --ldflags -LC:/Devel/emacs/build/lib'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> C-x d <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C : \ U s <tab> s \ <backspace> / p a <tab> A <tab> 
D <tab> L o <tab> / T e <tab> <return> C-s t e m p 
- C-b d x y e s <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> C-p <return> g C-x k <return> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
x y e s <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark saved where search started
Deleting...
(file-error Removing directory permission denied c:/Users/tempuser/AppData/Local/Temp/temp-dir)

Deleting...
(file-error Removing directory permission denied c:/Users/tempuser/AppData/Local/Temp/temp-dir)

Load-path shadows:
c:/emacs-24.3.50/lisp/play/yow hides c:/emacs-24.3.50/lisp/obsolete/yow

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch dired-aux dired
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)