Subject: bug#14080: Guile bug building from source with pkg-config

From: David Pirotte <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:04:19 -0300

Hello Mark(s) :)

> Also, what version of g-wrap are you trying to build?

Note that in order to build guile-clutter, you also need the following dependencies
to be satisfied [i'm using git, so this is an extract from the README file of the
clutter branch of guile-gnome-platform]

	Guile-Clutter requires Clutter 1.10 development packages.

	Guile-Clutter depends on some parts of Guile-GNOME: the GLib, ATK,
	Pango, and Cairo wrapsets.  These are commonly distributed with the
	`guile-gnome-platform' tarball.  The Guile-GNOME platform tarball itself
	depends on G-Wrap and Guile-Cairo.  See http://gnu.org/s/guile-gnome/,
	for more information.

Note that you will need the very latest guile-cairo [i mean and recommend a git
clone, because it's been patched by Andy Wingo [the developer] in oder to run the
'bouncer' example I wrote [based on the same example written in C by the clutter
folks] and I don't think Andy did get the time to create a new guile-cairo tarball.

If you need [more] help, let me know.

Cheers,
David