Subject: bug#14071: Store keyboard macros in registers

From: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:19:11 +0800

Subject: Re: kmacro-to-register
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Liu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 13:59:47 +0100
Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.devel
List-Id: "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel.gnu.org>

Hi Leo,

Leo Liu <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am thinking of adding a command kmacro-to-register which would allow
> one to store kmacros in registers. Not a heavy user of kmacros I am
> interested in knowing if this is generally useful.

I would find this useful.

> I am undecided about the action to take for jump to such a register:
>
>   Option 1: restore the kmacro in the register as current
>   Option 2: just play the kmacro in the register

I vote for option 2.  Since the purpose of storing kmacros into
registers is to make them available during the whole session, no
need to use the "current kmacro", which is useful to have as a 
temporary kmacro.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien