Subject: bug#14068: closed (Re: bug#14068: [PATCH] Officially support DragonFly BSD)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:17:02 +0000

Your bug report

#14068: [PATCH] Officially support DragonFly BSD

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14068: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14068
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14068: [PATCH] Officially support DragonFly BSD
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 13:12:20 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

Thanks; applied to trunk.

Subject: [PATCH] Officially support DragonFly BSD
From: John Marino <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:28:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi, Emacs has built on DragonFly BSD for years, but it required patches 
of course.  One of the leaders of NetBSD's pkgsrc project has requested 
that the patch to configure.ac which enables DragonFly support be pushed 
upstream, and that seems like a great idea.

The follow patches were generated against version 24.3, so they should 
apply directly.

configure.ac:
https://raw.github.com/jsonn/pkgsrc/trunk/editors/emacs24/patches/patch-aa

configure (yes, I know it's generated but just FYI):
https://raw.github.com/jsonn/pkgsrc/trunk/editors/emacs24/patches/patch-ab

It would be great if Emacs could finally be built on DragonFly BSD out 
of the box without patches.  Can we make this happen?  Do you need 
anything else from me?  I'm hoping this is an obvious contribution.

Regards,
John