Subject: Re: bug#14389: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 20:33:13 +0300

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 13:01:55 -0700
> 
> Backtrace:
> 0x011596ED
> 0x0115975F
> 0x010E82C7
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01015146
> 0x0101329A
> 0x0100F0E2
> 0x01015837
> 0x01014F59
> 0x010E517E
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x010141F5
> 0x011CA1B5
> 0x011CA735
> 0x011D3CA9
> 0x01016530
> 0x010E5C83
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x010E517E
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x010141F5
> 0x01025C4C
> 0x01010C39
> 0x0102606A
> 0x01014038
> 0x010260BE
> 0x0102486D
> 0x01010C39
> 0x01023814
> 0x01010696
> 0x0102377D
> 0x01022D88
> 0x010C2439
> 0x010C3143
> 0x01014D87
> 0x010E517E
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x010E517E
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x010E517E
> 0x010E454E
> 0x01012F1D
> 0x01010696
> 0x010E5D12
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x010E517E
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x01012C92
> 0x01010B57
> 0x010E5DBB
> 0x0101596C
> 0x01014E87
> 0x010141A0
> 0x010E8FF2
> 0x01014B45
> ...

I think this part was with an earlier binary, not the one you reported
(because the result of using this backtrace doesn't make any sense at
all).  What was the previous version you used?  My guess is it was
emacs-20130502-r112438-bin-i386.zip, which brings us to something very
similar to bug #14236, #13154, and #13980:

  emacs_abort at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/w32fns.c:7822
  emacs_abort at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/w32fns.c:7831
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:1958
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  apply_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2783
  eval_sub at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2084
  Fprogn at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:359
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2899
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2735
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:900
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  call0 at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2453
  select_frame_norecord at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/window.c:3091
  set_window_buffer at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/window.c:3177
  delete_all_child_windows at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/window.c:5885
  unbind_to at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:3097
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:1066
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:900
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  call0 at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2453
  safe_run_hooks_1 at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/keyboard.c:1875
  internal_condition_case at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:1193
  safe_run_hook_funcall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/keyboard.c:1930
  run_hook_with_args at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2398
  safe_run_hooks at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/keyboard.c:1947
  command_loop_1 at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/keyboard.c:1592
  internal_condition_case at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:1193
  command_loop_2 at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/keyboard.c:1167
  internal_catch at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:964
  command_loop at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/keyboard.c:1138
  recursive_edit_1 at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/keyboard.c:779
  read_minibuf at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/minibuf.c:678
  Fread_from_minibuffer at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/minibuf.c:980
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2700
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:900
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:900
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:900
  Fbyte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:475
  eval_sub at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2045
  internal_catch at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:964
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:1081
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:900
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  eval_sub at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2011
  internal_lisp_condition_case at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:1147
  exec_byte_code at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/bytecode.c:1096
  funcall_lambda at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2906
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2723
  apply1 at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2435
  Fcall_interactively at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/callint.c:378
  Ffuncall at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/eval.c:2681

> Backtrace:
> 0x011594ED
> 0x0115955F
> 0x01001459
> 0x01021A5E
> 0x0114F2B6
> 0x7E418730
> 0x7E418812
> 0x7E4189C9
> 0x7E418A0C
> 0x0114DB00
> 0x0114DD9F
> 0x7C80B725

This part translates into this:

  w32_backtrace at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/w32fns.c:7739
  emacs_abort at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/w32fns.c:7771
  terminate_due_to_signal at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/emacs.c:343
  die at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/alloc.c:6522
  w32_wnd_proc at C:\Devel\emacs\repo\build\src/w32fns.c:3187

Which means my fix for bug #14062 did not solve it.  Hmm...