Subject: [Dan] csv-mode: can't have comma after "" in a quoted field

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:39:57 -0400

Resending to the bug-tracker so it isn't forgotten,

        Stefan

Subject: csv-mode: can't have comma after "" in a quoted field
From: Dan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 01:02:11 +0200

Hi, don't know if this is the proper place to report csv-mode bugs
(then again, no bugtracker seems to be mentioned in csv-mode, so I was
left guessing).

Anyway, fields that contain commas after double quotes break the
scanner. I get Scanner error: "Unbalanced paranteses", pos1, pos2 in
the minibuffer with

1,2,3
a,"b""c,",d

e.g when trying to align into columns (C-c C-a). Double quotes alone,
or commas alone, or even commas followed by double quotes, created no
problems inside a quoted field.

-- Dan