Subject: 24.3.50; Tramp crashes emacs on OS X when menu is clicked

From: Giovanni Gigante <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 14:58:13 +0100

Step to reproduce:
1. open a remote file with tramp (e.g. C-c C-f /ssh:user@host:/anything)
2. as soon as any voice of the menu bar is clicked, emacs ALWAYS crashes 
immediately.
This, however, does not happen if the tramp buffer is not currently 
visible on screen.

I am on Mac OS X 10.7.5 using latest emacs nightly build from 
emacsforosx.com.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-03-24 on bob.porkrind.org
Bzr revision: 112125 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
`configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin --build=i686-apple-darwin
--with-ns'

Important settings:
value of $LANG: it_IT.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<escape> x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)