Subject: bug#14050: 24.3.50; Tramp crashes emacs on OS X when menu is clicked

From: Giovanni Gigante <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 18:26:10 +0200

Jan Djärv wrote:
> Hello.
>
> A fix has been checked in to the trunk.  Please try it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Jan D.
>

Tried with the 2013-05-11 nightly, it doesn't crash anymore now, thanks.
However there is still a glitch:
1) Click on a menu item, the menu appears
2) Move the mouse pointer sideways, leaving the previous top menu item 
(A) and entering another one (B).
There is a brief delay before the menu B appears. When it appears, the 
mouse pointers is automatically moved to the edge (the edge of B on the 
A side).
The problem with this is that if the pointer is moved quickly, it has 
moved beyond that point in the meantime when this happens, and so when 
the menu appears the pointer is actually teleported back by some amount. 
The UX effect is rather strange, as there is a disconnection between 
what the mouse does and what the pointer does.

giovanni