Subject: Re: bug#1405: detached GTK+ tool bar

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:30:38 +0100

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 08:01:24 +0100 "Jan D." <[email-masked]> wrote:

> How does this work when the button is a menu, i.e. help?
>
> I will be travelling for 2 weeks. I can't test it until then.
>
>      Jan D.
>
> 1 mar 2009 kl. 18.43 skrev Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>:
>
[...]
>> The patch below (against the current CVS trunk) makes focus return to
>> the frame regardless of the value of x-gtk-whole-detached-tool-bar
>> (i.e., it works both with the proxy (arrow) and the whole detached tool
>> bar).  Jan D. or somebody else who's familiar with GTK+ should check to
>> make sure it does not cause any problems elsewhere.

AFAICT it DTRT; i.e., when I'm in a mode in which clicking the Help
button opens a menu when the tool bar is attached to the frame, the same
thing happens with the detached tool bar, with both the arrow and the
whole tool bar versions.  This is both with and without my patch; the
only difference is that with my patch, after clicking a Help menu item
focus returns to the frame with both types of detached tool bar, while
without my patch, focus returns only with the arrow tool bar.  IOW, also
in this case the patch appears to be OK.

Steve Berman