Subject: bug#14048: Bell does not work

From: Petr Hracek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:57:01 +0100

Hi,

I have just observer that bell does not work on Fedora 18. (^G)
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=562719

Workaround is to please in ~/.emacs file.

As a workaround, put the following in your .emacs:

(setq ring-bell-function
       (lambda () (start-process "canberra-gtk-play" "*canberra-gtk-play*"
     "canberra-gtk-play" "--id" "bell")))

Could you please where to store that workaround directly in emacs package?
I could not find where is mapped keyshort cut ^G in emacs package otherwise
I would prepare patch for it.

Thank you in advance

-- 
S pozdravem / Best regards

Petr Hracek

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
BaseOS Core Services Brno

Email: [email-masked]
Web: www.cz.redhat.com