Subject: bug#14044: 24.2; Emacs 24 and dead keys in Fedora 18

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:25:25 +0200

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> - Any GNOME3 GTK+3 application, or GTK+2 applications like GIMP: I can
>   insert a ` by typing AltGr+< twice, or AltGr+< SPACE.
>
> - Qt4 apps: Typing just AltGr+< immediately inserts a `, so no
>   composition here.
>
> - xterm: I can't insert ` at all.  Typing AltGr+< twice or AltGr+< SPACE
>   seems to be ignored.
>
> Like with Emacs, I can "fix" xterm by simply starting it from a GNOME
> terminal.  Then typing AltGr+< has the same composing behavior as in
> GNOME3 applications.

That was wrong: I can "fix" xterm this way, but not Emacs.  Even when I
start it from a gnome-terminal, I still only get

  <dead-grave> is undefined

when pressing AltGr+<.

Bye,
Tassilo