Subject: bug#14042: configure error for guile 2.0.7

From: Marc Girod <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 15:23:53 +0100

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Which version of libgc (the garbage collector) are you using (7.2 is
> recommended)?

7.2
But, I did not mention it explicitly on the configure line:

$ ./configure --prefix=/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/guile
--with-libiconv-prefix=/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/libiconv
--with-libunistring-prefix=/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/libunistring
--with-libltdl-prefix=/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/libtool
--with-libgmp-prefix=/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gmp

It was however used by configure itself, e.g.:

configure:48599: gcc -o conftest
-I/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gc/include   -g -O2
-I/vobs/cello/cade_struct/include
-I/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/libiconv/include
-I/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/libunistring/include
-I/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/libtool/include
-I/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gmp/include
-L/vobs/cello/cade_struct/lib  conftest.c
-L/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gc/lib -lgc   -lsocket -lnsl -lm  >&5

> Did you build Guile --with-threads?

No. But:

guile-2.0.9> ldd libguile/.libs/guile | egrep 'lib(gc|pthread).so'
    libgc.so.1 =>    /vobs/cello/cade_struct/lib/libgc.so.1
 libpthread.so.1 =>       /lib/libpthread.so.1

>  Did you build libgc with --enable-threads?

No:

$ ./configure --prefix=/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gc

But:

guile-2.0.9> ll /vobs/cello/cade_struct/lib/libgc.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 emagiro ossdes 48 Mar 10 11:33
/vobs/cello/cade_struct/lib/libgc.so.1 ->
/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gc/lib/libgc.so.1
guile-2.0.9> ll /vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gc/lib/libgc.so.1
lr-xr-xr-x 1 emagiro ossdes 14 Mar 10 11:28
/vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gc/lib/libgc.so.1 -> libgc.so.1.0.3
guile-2.0.9> ldd /vobs/cello/cade_A_tools_utils/gc/lib/libgc.so.1.0.3
| grep libpthread
      libpthread.so.1 =>       /lib/libpthread.so.1

Marc