Subject: bug#14042: configure error for guile 2.0.7

From: Marc Girod <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:47:44 +0100

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Marc Girod <[email-masked]> wrote:

> if guile -c "(= (funcall (symbol-function '+) 1 2) 3)" 2> /dev/null
> then false
> else true
> fi

With this, this test passes:

standalone> make check-TESTS
...
PASS: test-language
...
SKIP: test-pthread-create-secondary
PASS: test-smob-mark
====================
All 31 tests passed
...

However, I still get failures:

...
Running 00-socket.test
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: bind
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: bind/sockaddr
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: listen
/bin/bash: line 1: 14302 Segmentation Fault
CHARSETALIASDIR="/proj/vobadm100/tmp/guile-2.0.9/lib" ${dir}$tst
FAIL: check-guile
...

I guess this relates to my having a previous version of guile
installed, and reachable via LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
However, even after I force the local libs in front of the installed
ones, I stll get:

guile-2.0.9> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/proj/vobadm100/tmp/guile-2.0.9/libguile/.libs:/proj/vobadm100/tmp/guile-2.0.9/test-suite/standalone/.libs:/proj/vobadm100/tmp/guile-2.0.9/guile-readline/.libs:/vobs/cello/cade_struct/lib:/usr/local/opt/apssystem/aps_10/lib/runtime:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/usr/local/lib/ld_global
guile-2.0.9> make check-TESTS
Testing /proj/vobadm100/tmp/guile-2.0.9/meta/guile ...
with GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/proj/vobadm100/tmp/guile-2.0.9/test-suite
Running 00-initial-env.test
Running 00-socket.test
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: bind
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: bind/sockaddr
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: listen
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: connect
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: connect/sockaddr
UNRESOLVED: 00-socket.test: AF_INET6/SOCK_STREAM: accept
Running alist.test
...
Running guardians.test
UNRESOLVED: guardians.test: g2-garbage saved
/bin/bash: line 1: 19856 Segmentation Fault
CHARSETALIASDIR="/proj/vobadm100/tmp/guile-2.0.9/lib" ${dir}$tst
FAIL: check-guile
==================================
1 of 1 test failed
Please report to [email-masked]
==================================
make: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1

There may be other mechanisms (pkg-config?) to get to the shared libraries...
I have:

guile-2.0.9> echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/vobs/cello/cade_struct/lib/pkgconfig:

Marc