Subject: bug#14040: 24.3.50; building on OpenSuSE 12.3

From: john ffitch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:49:46 +0000

I have failed to build emacs from bzr on a SuSE 12.3 machine.  Asking
in the SuSE forum I was pointed at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?expand=1&file=emacs-24.1-tinfo.dif&package=emacs&project=editors
which patches the configure script with a new library for tputs
(tinfo).  Clwearly I could apply the patch but it would go away.  Can
it be applied in the master sources?

Written on a 12.2 machine which is OK
==John ff

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.4 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
 of 2013-03-21 on harvey
Bzr revision: 112103 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f S P A <tab> <return> <escape> > <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <backspace> 2 C-x 
C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> C-x C-f T e l <tab> <return> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
d d <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> d d d d d d 
d d d <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> x t <backspace> 
y e s <return> <prior> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<return> C-x k <return> d x y e s <return> y e s <return> 
M-m M-x k <return> C-g C-g C-x k <return> M-x r e p 
o <tab> r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Parsing /home/jpff/.mailrc... done
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [4 times]
Making completion list...
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [2 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [16 times]
QuitInvalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
QuitInvalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader help-mode
mailabbrev flyspell ispell mailalias mailcrypt mail-extr comint
ansi-color ring sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired eldoc help-fns cal-julian image-file crypt crypt++
crypt+pgp-pub paren uniquify nadvice view mule-util cal-china
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

==John ffitch