Subject: Re: bug#14034: 24.3.50; M-/ runs diff-undo in Diff mode

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 21:55:35 +0400

Version: 24.4

Richard Copley <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> Looking at diff-mode code, it appears to me we should simply remove the
>>> explicit "/" binding. `diff-mode-shared-map' already remaps undo to
>>> diff-undo.
>
> Thanks, that would be great.

Done, in trunk.

>>> Where do these strange M- mappings come from? Specifying "x" in that
>>> list binds "M-x" as well. That's crazy.
>>
>> That would be crazy, indeed.  That's why there's no such `x' binding
>> in there.
>
> I apologise, I obviously failed to express my point. What I meant is
> that in my opinion, it is incorrect that if "x" were specified in that
> list then "M-x" would be bound. I wasn't only referring to "M-x". I

In general, you can add one entry to almost any keymap to screw things
up (binding 'ignore to [remap save-buffers-kill-terminal], for example).

> intended to include other keys, such as those I mentioned, which do
> appear in the list: "M-o", "M-TAB", "M-{" and "M-}". If you disagree
> or aren't interested, that's fine, and thanks anyway.

Regarding curly braces, like the comment says, compilation-minor-mode
does the same, so it's consistent, al least.