Subject: bug#14029: 24.2.50; [PATCH] imenu problems with special elements

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:53:09 +0200

Hi there,

Andreas Politz <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Let's recap.  The three types are:
>>
>> (INDEX-NAME . INDEX-POSITION)
>> (INDEX-NAME INDEX-POSITION FUNCTION ARGUMENTS...)
>> (MENU-TITLE SUB-ALIST)
>>
>> First, I think the documentation is incorrect, and the last one should read
>>
>> (MENU-TITLE . SUB-ALIST)
>>
>> since SUB-ALIST is supposed to be the cdr of the list (see
>> e.g. imenu--split-submenus)

Is this documentation fix supposed to be included in the patch? I only
see source code changes in it.

Aside from that, you should consider including a proper ChangeLog entry
in the patch (with detailed descriptions, as is the custom).  Without
it and a reproduction recipe, I'm having hard time understanding what
change does what, too.

The patchy description in email replies doesn't really cut it.  Also
note that your last reply is one huge quote.