Subject: bug#14028: 24.3; After customize-project inference rules, and restart, ede-object becomes nil

From: Cedric Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:19:17 +0800

--text follows this line--

I add a very simple inference rules in "Default" tab under
(customize-project).

```
Target: test
rules: echo test
```

And after I restart emacs, and under main.c of ede project, I got
"ede-invoke-method: Cannot invoke project-compile-target for main.c"
when I press `C-c . c`.

I found that ede-object is nil.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2013-03-20 on Y550
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description: Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/home/cedricporter/my''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f p o r <backspace> <backspace> r <tab> o <backspace>
<tab> j <tab> e h <backspace> t <tab> h <tab> / <tab>
m <backspace> s r <tab> m a n <tab> <backspace> <tab>
<return> C-c . C-g C-g M-x g o l b <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> l o b a l - e d <tab> <return> C-c . C-g
C-g M-x e d e C-g C-g C-x C-v <return> C-c . c M-x
t o g g l e - d e b u <tab> e r <tab> <return> C-c
. c q M-x r e p o r t - b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Making completion list... [2 times]
Loading cc-langs...done
Loading vc-git...done
Quit [2 times]
Global-Ede mode enabled
Quit [4 times]
ede-invoke-method: Cannot invoke project-compile-target for main.c
Debug on Error enabled globally
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils debug cus-start cus-load ede/proj ede/make
ede/proj-comp ede/autoconf-edit autoconf autoconf-mode ede/cpp-root
ede/emacs ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base gv ede/auto ede/source
eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe eieio-custom
wid-edit eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv cedet vc-git
cc-langs cl cl-lib cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)