Subject: bug#14026: closed (Re: bug#14021: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:04:03 +0000

Your bug report

#14021: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14021: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14021
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14021: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Engster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:03:04 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

David Engster wrote:

> I managed to work around it with this patch, which is also in Emacs:
>
> http://cedet.bzr.sourceforge.net/bzr/cedet/code/trunk/revision/8507

Hence closing this report.

> I think there is a bug in how the global menu is handling this, but I
> guess that should be a separate bug report?

Yes please, if someone can give a minimal test case that shows the
problem.

Subject: Re: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar
From: Nikita Zlobin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 23:27:22 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Candidade for invalidation.
Last time i tried again all three versions of emacs with builtin
versions of cedet, and could not get this bug. I'm in a maze, how it
could appear before. Now it appears only when i load standalone cedet
snapshot (by instruction - just loading a file cedet-devel-load.el).