Subject: bug#14021: closed (Re: bug#14021: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#14021: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
14021: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14021
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#14021: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Engster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:03:04 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.4

David Engster wrote:

> I managed to work around it with this patch, which is also in Emacs:
>
> http://cedet.bzr.sourceforge.net/bzr/cedet/code/trunk/revision/8507

Hence closing this report.

> I think there is a bug in how the global menu is handling this, but I
> guess that should be a separate bug report?

Yes please, if someone can give a minimal test case that shows the
problem.

Subject: Activation of both Semantic and EDE disables their common submenu in main emacs menu, leaving it available only in visible menu bar
From: Nikita Zlobin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:37:36 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug happened for me in two places: in tmm menu, opened by command
tmm-menu (no matter, is menubar enabled or not), and its popup variant,
which may be opened by C-Mouse3 if menubar is disabled.

When only one of these two modes is enabled (either semantic or EDE),
menu is available, but after activation of remaining one submenu turns
to inactive usual menu item. But disabling of one mode, makes submenu
available again in both places.

Versions.
emacs - 23.4 (built menually, since in repo i had only 23.3), 24.2.1
and snapshot for debian from cassou personal package archive on
launchpad.
cedet - both builtin (own for each emacs version) and snapshot from bzr.

Already discussed this on cedet-devel mailing list, discussion is
under link below, where screenshots are available:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=5148F5AC.6070502%40siege-engine.com&forum_name=cedet-devel

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note, only first two posts are valuable for moment of this report. To
be brief in that discussion — i referred to popup menu, i'm talking
about, as "Global Menu" . Strange, how it may be wrong, when looking to
screenshots makes it fully clear.