Subject: 24.3; Crashes after opening org-mode document in TRAMP mode and trying to use the Emacs menue on OSX

From: Marc Zapatka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:14:24 +0100

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.2.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.34)
of 2013-03-12 on teneight-slave.macports.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/opt/local' '--with-ns' '--without-x'
'--without-dbus' 'CC=/usr/bin/clang' 'CFLAGS=-pipe -O2 -arch x86_64'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -arch x86_64'
'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o e <backspace> r t - e m a c s - b u g 
<return>

Recent messages:
Loading /opt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/subdirs.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils ido
ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv
ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l
ess-sas-a ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l
cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d
ess-tracebug warnings compile ess-developer ess-r-args eldoc ess-s-l
ess-inf ess-utils ess-mode noweb-mode ess ess-custom executable easymenu
ess-compat ess-site tramp tramp-compat auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice
help-fns cl-lib advice-preload time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)
1. load org mode file using TRAMP from ssh server
2. use GUI menu e.g. Tools
3. crashes immediately