Subject: Re: bug#14013: 24.3.50; dired-isearch-filenames-regexp is matching text outside filenames

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 02:21:48 +0200

Hello Juri,

Do you ask me?

I had hoped we somehow find a better solution for the whole complex (of
searching and replacing file names in Dired/WDired).  I don't object to
give such a hint, but I don't find the approach very... aesthetic.

Regards,

Michael.

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> > BTW, one (related) thing that I found problematic over the time: I like
> > to use query-replace on file names in WDired.  There is no way to match
> > the beginning of the file name - right?  That's sometimes a problem.  In
> > this situation it is even better to use dired-isearch-filenames -> nil
> > because then I can match the space character before the beginning of the
> > file name.
>
> This is a valid workaround.  Maybe it could be mentioned in the
> documentation?