Subject: bug#14013: 24.3.50; dired-isearch-filenames-regexp is matching text outside filenames

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 03:34:37 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> -  (remove-function (local 'isearch-filter-predicate)
> -                   #'wdired-isearch-filter-read-only)
> +  (when wdired-search-replace-filenames
> +    (remove-function (local 'isearch-search-fun-function)
> +                     #'dired-isearch-search-filenames)
> +    (kill-local-variable 'replace-search-function)
> +    (kill-local-variable 'replace-re-search-function))

Juri, when a user disables `wdired-search-replace-filenames' while still
in wdired-mode, won't we fail to undo these settings when the user
then returns to normal dired? - should we not better undo these things
unconditionally?

Second question: could we advice (local 'replace-search-function) and
(local 'replace-re-search-function) instead of replacing the value (it
might be nicer to users of other packages)?

TIA,

Michael.