Subject: bug#14013: 24.3.50; dired-isearch-filenames-regexp is matching text outside filenames

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 00:39:30 +0100

Hello,

the recipe is quite trivial:

- start emacs -Q

- dired a directory with some files in it

- let c be a character that appears in a file line before the filename,
  e.g. the character "r" in this line:

  drwxr-xr-x   3 micha micha    4096 Mar  3 21:51 bin
   ^
- M-x dired-isearch-filenames-regexp RET

- Enter the character c (i.e. hit r in my example)

  Only matches inside file names are found

- Now hit .*

  Now also matches starting before filenames are found.  This behavior
  continues if you enter even more characters.

This happens in all Emacs versions I tested: 23.4, 24.2, and trunk.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2013-03-17 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130317-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-imagemagick=yes
 CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2'
 CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed
 -znocombreloc''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp