Subject: Re: bug#14002: 24.3.50; buffer-file-coding-system is undecided-dos, everywhere

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 00:40:44 +0400

On 20.03.2013 20:54, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:18:23 +0400
>> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
>> CC: [email-masked],
>>   GNU bug tracker automated control server <[email-masked]>
>>
>>> (Why don't people try to look for similar bug reports before they do?)
>>
>> Obviously, you only notice the cases when they don't.
>
> Obviously.  But the point is, there are too many of those duplicates.

Given the size of Emacs user community, I'd rather expect more bug 
reports, including duplicate, nonsensical, etc, than currently.

In this specific case, I though I'm aware of the current bugs (I'm 
subscribed to gmane.emacs.bugs in Gnus), and I also thought that this 
kind of bug wouldn't stay unfixed for more than a day, much less 5 days 
that went since 13977 was filed. I was wrong on both counts.

Speaking of bug reports, the recent font-lock breakage was similar in 
that it was obvious and stayed unfixed for a while. It just affected a 
bigger audience.