Subject: 24.3; python-shell-virtualenv-path should be a string

From: Joost Kremers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:55:17 +0100

The default value of `python-shell-virtualenv-path' is nil, even though
the variable is defined as a sting. This leads to a "MISMATCH" message
in the customisation buffer, even with the default value, and setting it
to a string only works if the strings enclosed in double quotes.

HTH

Joost Kremers

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2013-03-11 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
 `configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
 '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  autopair-global-mode: t
  autopair-mode: t
  global-edit-server-edit-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
o s <backspace> n - s h e l l - p a r s e - c o m m 
a n d C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s <return> <s-up> <s-up> <s-up> 
<s-up> <s-up> <s-up> <s-up> <s-up> <s-up> <s-up> <s-up> 
<C-right> ( p y t h o n - s h e <tab> c a l <tab> p 
r <tab> <return> ( p y t h o n - s h e l l - c a l 
c <tab> e x <tab> <return> p y t h o n - s h e l <tab> 
i n <tab> <return> <up> p <down> <C-up> p <tab> <return> 
C-h f p y t h <tab> s h e <tab> c a l <tab> e <tab> 
<return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> C-y <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <backspace> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> " 
C-d C-a " <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<help-echo> <C-right> <C-up> <return> <C-up> <C-up> 
<C-up> <C-up> <return> M-x r u n - p y <tab> <return> 
<help-echo> C-x C-f . e m a <tab> d <tab> m a c h <tab> 
<return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n <return> C-t <tab> y <backspace> p 
y t h o n - s h e l l - v i r t u a l - <backspace> 
e n v - p a t h SPC <C-left> C-n C-n M-f M-f C-f C-f 
C-SPC C-e M-w <C-right> C-y C-x C-s C-c m b u q q y 
<help-echo> C-h f C-g C-h v p y t h o <tab> s h e <tab> 
v i r <tab> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-2> <help-echo> C-SPC M-n M-w M-x r e p o r <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
apply: Searching for program: No such file or directory, nil
Auto-saving...done
Mark activated
Mark set
Saving file /Users/joost/.emacs.d/machine-dependent-settings.el...
Wrote /Users/joost/.emacs.d/machine-dependent-settings.el
[mu4e] Are you sure you want to quit? (y or n)  y
Quit
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/custom hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/custom
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-wl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-wl
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-vm hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-vm
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-mew hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mew

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug bm org-colview diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-iso org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc
org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
org-bbdb misearch multi-isearch bibtex find-lisp magit-bisect
magit-key-mode magit ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff ido iswitchb view diff-mode
log-edit pcvs-util add-log grep mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines
multiple-cursors-core rect compile autoload tar-mode network-stream
starttls url-http tls url-gw url-cache url-auth url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap finder-inf mule-util offlineimap
cus-edit wid-edit debug cus-start cus-load python rx diminish deft
epresent org-latex org-export-latex org-beamer footnote autopair quail
em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util ielm pp anti-zenburn-theme
edit-server uniquify org-mu4e org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda
mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
epa epg epg-config browse-url mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft
mu4e-actions rfc2368 smtpmail auth-source eieio gnus-util password-cache
sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired mu4e-lists mu4e-about mu4e-vars message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader hl-line mu4e-meta dictem org-drill org-learn org-id
hi-lock org-inlinetask org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
yasnippet dropdown-list derived help-mode cl cm-mode cl-macs gv
markdown-mode thingatpt noutline outline windmove swbuff advice help-fns
cl-lib advice-preload preview-latex tex-site auto-loads server edmacro
kmacro bind-key easy-mmode paren delsel ace-jump-mode-autoloads
adaptive-wrap-autoloads anti-zenburn-theme-autoloads autopair-autoloads
bm-autoloads boxquote-autoloads dash-autoloads diminish-autoloads
ebib-autoloads edit-server-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
jump-char-autoloads magit-autoloads minimap-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads offlineimap-autoloads pandoc-mode-autoloads
unfill-autoloads wc-mode-autoloads writeroom-mode-autoloads info
easymenu zenburn-theme-autoloads package time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Joost Kremers, PhD
University of Göttingen
Institute for German Philology
Käte-Hamburger-Weg 3
37073 Göttingen, Germany