Subject: bug#13981: 24.3.50; Incorrect declaration of image_background

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 05:48:02 +0200

> Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 15:57:09 -0400
> From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
> 
> image_background() is declared in dispextern.h with a return type of 
> `unsigned long'.  But it is defined in image.c with a return type of 
> RGB_PIXEL_COLOR, where the latter is a platform-dependent macro defined 
> in image.c.
> 
> By luck, this doesn't cause any problems in the currently-supported 
> platforms.  But it will cause problems in the cygw32 build on 64-bit 
> Cygwin (which is currently under development).  The attached patch fixes 
> this by moving the definition of RGB_PIXEL_COLOR to dispextern.h and 
> changing the return type in the declaration.
> 
> OK to apply?

Yes, but please move the definition of RGB_PIXEL_COLOR so it is just
before the prototype of image_background, since that is its only user.

Thanks.