Subject: 24.3.50; Cannot delete bookmark

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 09:53:17 +0800

I have three bookmarks:

  TODO			        /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/etc/TODO
  startup.el		        ~/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/startup.el
  text property		        /usr/local/share/info/elisp

All of these files exist.  To reproduce this bug:

  emacs -Q
  C-x r l
  d x

The echo area says: "Deleting bookmarks...done".

But the bookmark isn't deleted.  I have attached my
~/.emacs.d/bookmarks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.0)
 of 2013-03-10 on Emacs
Bzr revision: 111984 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure --enable-link-time-optimization'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Bookmark Menu

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x k <return> <tab> <return> C-x k C-g <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <mouse-1> C-x k <return> 
C-x k <return> C-x k <return> <tab> C-x k C-g <tab> 
<tab> <tab> <tab> C-p C-p <return> SPC C-x k <return> 
<tab> <tab> <return> C-x k <return> C-x k <return> 
M-< <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> <tab> <S-iso-lefttab> 
<S-iso-lefttab> <S-iso-lefttab> C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v 
C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v C-v M-v M-v C-h v g l o - w h i 
<tab> m o <tab> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <S-iso-lefttab> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> C-g <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> C-x k <return> C-x 1 <menu> 
d i a r y <return> C-v C-n C-n C-n <tab> <tab> C-n 
C-e <C-return> C-/ C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-n C-e <return> * * SPC t e x t SPC p r o 
p e r t y C-x C-s C-x r l d x <menu> r e - b u f f 
<tab> M-b C-b v e <tab> <return> q p d x C-x k <return> 
C-x r l d x c C-h k x C-h k C-g C-p D C-h k d <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-v M-v C-l C-x k <return> 
C-x o C-h k x <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> C-x o d x C-x o C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-v C-l M-v C-x o C-x b s t a <tab> 
C-g p <menu> r e - e m - b u g <tab> <return> C a n 
n o t SPC <tab> <backspace> <backspace> SPC C-g <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu> 
r e - e m - b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
Deleting bookmarks...done
Deleting bookmarks...done
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
 [2 times]
uncompressing bookmark.el.gz...done

uncompressing bookmark.el.gz...done
Deleting bookmarks...done
Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(sort mail-extr bookmark woman tutorial help-macro man help-at-pt ehelp
apropos lisp-mnt gulp emacsbug sendmail elint locate xesam dbus
time-stamp page-ext data-debug informat makeinfo texinfo vc
vc-dispatcher srecode soap-client url-http tls url-auth url-gw url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap smerge-mode semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
rcompile pcvs-defs pcvs-util make-mode glasses gdb-mi bindat gud flymake
emerge elide-head ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util
ediff-mult ediff-init ediff ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base gv
ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar eieio-custom cedet ebrowse
ebuff-menu diff-mode copyright compare-w add-log xscheme trace testcover
scheme re-builder profiler shadow inf-lisp ert ewoc debug edebug hideif
cpp cmacexp vhdl-mode assoc verilog-mode diff vera-mode tcl simula sieve
sieve-mode sieve-manage sh-script executable sgml-mode ruby-mode python
rx prolog perl-mode pascal opascal octave-mod rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
modula2 smie meta-mode m4-mode ld-script js json info-look idlwave
idlwave-help idlw-help icon fortran f90 dcl-mode tempo css-mode
cperl-mode cfengine cfengine3 asm-mode antlr-mode cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
ada-mode which-func align find-file sql ps-mode ses unsafep rcirc
newst-backend xml derived mpc htmlfontify esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat doc-view image-mode
calculator calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs disp-table find-dired grep
compile etags dired-aux dired vc-bzr message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader ibuf-ext isearchb
quickurl browse-url expand windmove whitespace vcursor speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe ruler-mode reveal repeat org-protocol master linum kmacro
iswitchb imenu ido ibuffer hl-line hippie-exp follow filesets filecache
ffap url-parse auth-source eieio mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars emacs-lock dabbrev cua-base completion bs autorevert autoinsert
electric cus-edit wid-edit jka-compr misearch multi-isearch info org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus
gnus-util org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings
advice help-fns ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func flyspell
ispell checkdoc thingatpt help-mode uniquify nadvice wheatgrass-theme
time delsel cus-start cus-load xfq-backup ielm pp comint ansi-color ring
server view mule-util cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs xfq-org xfq-minor-modes paren xfq-elisp
xfq-require bmi elp hideshow easymenu bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-lib
xfq-packages package time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Xue Fuqiao
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/
rr