Subject: bug#13965: info.info conflict between emacs and texinfo

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 21:28:54 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> i) doesn't occur on Debian-based systems
> (http://debbugs.gnu.org/14064#30)

Wrong.  You get different behaviour depending on how you search for info
files.

> ii) was solved two-years ago on RedHat-based systems in the rpm
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=927996#c11

This is even worse: two files with the same menu entry in the same info
directory.

> If I were packaging Emacs for a distribution (let me randomly say SUSE),
> I'd resolve this issue in the packaging step. But I'm just repeating
> myself (http://debbugs.gnu.org/14064#33). Obviously it's your decision.

Two packages fighting for the same file is bad.  Each time one package
is installed the other one is overwritten.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."