Subject: bug#13965: info.info conflict between emacs and texinfo

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 09:11:48 +0200

[email-masked] (Karl Berry) writes:

> I know.  I keep them synced.

No, you don't.

--- texinfo-5.1/doc/info.texi	2013-02-19 23:25:28.000000000 +0100
+++ emacs-24.3/doc/misc/info.texi	2013-01-01 21:37:17.000000000 +0100
@@ -14,25 +14,18 @@
 This file describes how to use Info, the on-line, menu-driven GNU
 documentation system.
 
-Copyright @copyright{} 1989, 1992, 1996-2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+Copyright @copyright{} 1989, 1992, 1996--2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 
 @quotation
 Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
 under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or
 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no
-Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover texts being ``A GNU
-Manual,'' and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the
-license is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation
-License'' in the Emacs manual.
+Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover texts being ``A GNU Manual,''
+and with the Back-Cover Texts as in (a) below.  A copy of the license
+is included in the section entitled ``GNU Free Documentation License''.
 
 (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You have the freedom to copy and
-modify this GNU manual.  Buying copies from the FSF supports it in
-developing GNU and promoting software freedom.''
-
-This document is part of a collection distributed under the GNU Free
-Documentation License.  If you want to distribute this document
-separately from the collection, you can do so by adding a copy of the
-license to the document, as described in section 6 of the license.
+modify this GNU manual.''
 @end quotation
 @end copying
 
@@ -78,12 +71,13 @@
 @end ifinfo
 @end ifnottex
 
-@insertcopying 
+@insertcopying
 
 @menu
 * Getting Started::             Getting started using an Info reader.
 * Advanced::                    Advanced Info commands.
 * Expert Info::                 Info commands for experts.
+* GNU Free Documentation License::  The license for this documentation.
 * Index::                       An index of topics, commands, and variables.
 @end menu
 
@@ -264,7 +258,7 @@
 
 @format
 >> If you are in Emacs and have a mouse, and if you already practiced
-   typing @kbd{n} to get to the next node, click now with the left 
+   typing @kbd{n} to get to the next node, click now with the left
    mouse button on the @samp{Next} link to do the same ``the mouse way''.
 @end format
 
@@ -324,7 +318,7 @@
 we call ``Backspace or DEL'' in this manual is labeled differently on
 different keyboards.  Look for a key which is a little ways above the
 @key{ENTER} or @key{RET} key and which you normally use outside Emacs
-to erase the character before the cursor, i.e.@: the character you
+to erase the character before the cursor, i.e., the character you
 typed last.  It might be labeled @samp{Backspace} or @samp{<-} or
 @samp{DEL}, or sometimes @samp{Delete}.} and @kbd{b} commands exist to
 allow you to ``move around'' in a node that does not all fit on the
@@ -1504,6 +1498,10 @@
 To check an Info file, do @kbd{M-x Info-validate} while looking at any
 node of the file with Emacs Info mode.
 
+@node GNU Free Documentation License
+@appendix GNU Free Documentation License
+@include doclicense.texi
+
 @node Index
 @unnumbered Index

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."