Subject: bug#13955: Subject: 24.3; (thing-at-point 'list) fails

From: Andreas Röhler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:37:11 +0100

("asdf")

Cursor at char "f" of "asdf"

M-: (thing-at-point 'list) RET

returns "f" while it should give the whole list ("asdf")

Thanks all!

Andreas

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.14)
  of 2013-03-05
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11302000
System Description:	openSUSE 12.3 Beta 1 (i586)

Configured using:
  `configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
( " a s d f " ) <left> <left> <left> <left> <left>
<right> <right> M-: ( t h i n g - a t - p o i n t SPC
' l i s t ) <return> M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s -
b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
#("f" 0 1 (fontified t face font-lock-string-face))

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)