Subject: bug#13953: closed (Re: bug#13953: 24.3.50; [Regression] The original size of the Emacs frame is restored automatically)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 18:58:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13953: 24.3.50; [Regression] The original size of the Emacs frame is restored automatically

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13953: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13953
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13953: 24.3.50; [Regression] The original size of the Emacs frame is restored automatically
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:56:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> This was an adverse effect of my recent changes to fix another bug.
> Should be fixed as of trunk revision 112044.

It is fixed, indeed.

I'm closing the bug.

Thank you.

-- 
Dani Moncayo

Subject: 24.3.50; [Regression] The original size of the Emacs frame is restored automatically
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:44:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe from "emacs -Q":
1. Resize the Emacs frame (and optionally move it).
2. Give the focus to another application.
3. Give the focus back to the Emacs frame.

When I do this, my Emacs frame is resized to its original size and its
upper-left corner is placed at the upper-left corner of the screen.

I see this problem in [1], but not in [2].

[1]
In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-13 on VBOX
Bzr revision: 112041 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.8-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

[2]
In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-12 on VBOX
Bzr revision: 111328 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.8-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

-- 
Dani Moncayo