Subject: bug#13949: (no subject)

From: Jaakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 19:40:32 +0100

severity 13949 normal
thanks

Regarding severity: I protest to the previous resetting to minor.

I agree with Drew & Michael: I don't see why code-level arguments should 
have any validity at all. The bug is a manifestation of noncompliance of 
the current behavior with the documentation. A typical, normal bug, not 
a wishlist one. There were no new arguments from Eli, just a statement 
of disagreement.

I do see that a correct algorithm behind fill-paragraph would be not 
completely trivial even for the text mode.

Thus, the bug is not 'minor' (= a problem which doesn't affect the 
package's usefulness, AND is presumably trivial to fix).

I do not consider it 'wishlist' (= for any feature request, and also for 
any bugs that are very difficult to fix due to major design 
considerations), since it's
- neither a feature
- nor very difficult to fix due to major design considerations.

Regarding coding: unfortunately, no patches form my side in the next few 
months. After that, unclear.