Subject: bug#13949: 24.4.1; `fill-paragraph' should not always put the buffer as modified

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:39:54 +0200

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> for iterate_over_all_intervals
>   sha1_process_bytes(interval, len)

I completely forgot about the distinction between text property changes
that "count" and the ones that don't here.  Font locking, for instance,
runs with `with-silent-modifications' so those changes "don't count",
but there's nothing in the intervals themselves that you can examine
after the fact, as far as I can tell.  Is that correct?

So the question is, I guess: Does `M-q' does something to text
properties that we have to keep track of, or is it sufficient to just
hash the buffer contents to determine whether `M-q' did something?

(Please take any further discussions about how likely it is that an
editing change will end up with the same sha1 to the emacs-tangents
mailing list.)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no