Subject: Re: bug#13948: no key-binding-locus

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:06:24 -0400

>> Looks pretty good.  Feel free to install it into `trunk'.
> I can send a patch, including a ChangeLog entry, but I don't have
> permission to commit.

Hmm... any hope we could fix this problem?  E.g. request membership in
the "emacs" group from your savannah account?

>>> +      (when (integerp found)
>>> +        ;; prefix was found but not the whole sequence
>>> +        (setq found nil)))
>> If key-binding returned a command, then we should never hit this case.
>> It's OK to keep the code, but you might like to add a comment mentioning
>> that we don't expect this case to happen.
> We do hit the case, because we look in active keymaps one by one,
> instead of using the keymap (cons 'keymap active-keymaps) like
> key-binding does.

Hmm... I know the two are very slightly different, so there are odd
corner cases, but I'd be curious to know in which circumstance you
bumped into it.  Might actually point to a bug somewhere.

> Shall I return only the first symbol that matches, also in the mapatoms
> case ? I assume yes because of your next suggestion :

Yes.

> Here's the patch.

Thanks,

        Stefan